Sunday, January 13, 2008

Life Goes on

"Life is like a novel. It's filled with suspense. You have no idea what's going to happen until you turn the page. Every day is a different page and they can be full of surprise".
This oracle of Sidney Shelton provoked my thought process and there I was on my wings of imagination taking flight into the ocean of Philosophy. Thanks to my newly acquainted friend, who recently posted this over her blogspot.

Each day is a gift and thus so aptly called as the “Present”. The responsibility lies on us to unravel the miracles each day holds. Though in this pragmatic world where we are forced to follow a monotonous schedule, I believe we have a choice feed our souls with essence of our true being. I’ve always found enormous self-realization when being in complete commune with nature. While listening to the silent whispers of the each wave throwing itself on the shore only to die and be dissolved back again into the ocean. May be like these waves, we beings are destined to die and unite with the heavenly forces one day. But while we are still on this journey called life let’s make each day eventful. Lets make a difference in the lives of people around us. Bring a smile on a face of someone who is deprived of his basic needs. Quench our soul’s emptiness with the His Heavenly love.

Life to me is a journey and having traveled through its first twenty-five years, I’ve only realized that ‘it goes on’. Future is very uncertain and it’s never wise to change our present, mapping it to what we think would be our tomorrow. It is like boarding a ship, which has no anchor. If bad winds had to strike, we would be caught up right in the middle of the sea, not able to land on either sides of shore. When life throws a little unexpected curve, lets train our spirits to be resilient. The wise man builds his house on the rock called present, while a foolish man would build castles on virtually unrealistic future.

It’s so apt to end the post with her statement “I don't know what my future holds, but I know who holds my future...”

1 comment:

Nebeula said...

:) am honored! I agree, i remember writing a poem on "Life is a Journey" long back. It had the same crux.Also, Jesus is our anchor. So inspite of strong winds and storm in our life, we can smile and rejoice for our God is a faithful God and our foundation is on the solid rock Jesus Christ.