Monday, January 14, 2008

Creditable Voyage

In the darkness of the night while silence fills Homestead (my Motel), I slide the flower-designed curtains in my queen-sized single room to view this city to which soon I would soon bid adieu. Northwestern highway never seems be tried of letting those hi-tech Detroit cars pass on her skin all through the year. Never have I seen her resting and hardly would she have people walk on her, expect for foreigners like me who have no wagons during their short expedition. The sky is blank with no stars to decorate her and may be moon abandoned the sky in jealously of the city lights that was lit all through the night. The flurries (Snow) falls like the drizzle that when glanced from underneath the lamppost, it’s like showers of tiny white droplets of blessing poured on mother earth.

This was a trip I had been postponing from the year 2005 and May be I was destined to fly to this so-called “land of Opportunities” through This Employer Technosoft. While many people think they realize their dreams when making it to this land, I was filled with mixed feelers, of heavenly joy and doubt when I received my B1 Oct 18th 2007. Heavenly joy for God having a purpose in my trip, which I never wanted to make, and a doubt of how I would find his purpose and achieve it. I was scheduled to leave on 29th of the same month and while the days were nearing I waited clueless of the trip that looked only gloomy. Like a vagabond I aimlessly boarded the flight pondering on my disheartening past, laughing at the orphan plight to setoff in the path of fate/time (which to me is God's will) and praying for God to bless me with a better tomorrow. Cynical as it may sound but in return, I was to obey HIS will and let myself to be a medium to reflect HIS Love.

After two transits in Brussels and Newark I stepped on the land, which seemed like an urbane desert. Tall buildings, well planned roads, City lights, hottest Cars but no people around. Struck with disgust I continued doing what I did the best. Adapt to the environment and get used to the change. Days passed like every other working day and whenever job permitted me I was on a short vacation. From the underground metro trains of Penn station, NJ to metropolitan that accepted diverse people of dissimilar skin colors, from hi-fashioned people with not so happy faces to the couples who were drunk in love cuddling each other with their starry eyes, from the crowded Broadway Of NYC to the cruise ships that sail to liberty statue, from the terrains of Binghamton to the fall colors of MD, from the view of windy Chicago Land from 113th floor of Sears tower to looking at real mummies in the Field museum, I was offered more than best that any thirsty traveler with mediocre funds could have.

Here I’m back in the room that sheltered me for 3 months. In another four days I would be inside the automated bird that will fly me back to my homeland. I never wanted to come to US or ever wanted to become career oriented. Only wanted to be committed in love and have lifetime fun with the notion of "my guy". To live a life the way my biblical mothers Sarah and Ruth did. To get married, have two kids, to serve my husband, mother-in-law…. But life pushes us to take the road we least wish to take. I have neither have found out the HIS purpose or achieved HIS will in all these days. May be it that GOD wanted to give his child a break from the lonely life she had been leading. May be it that God wanted his child to learn that life doesn’t end when she doesn’t feel loved. May be God wanted his child to know that there are millions of Americans amid their luxuries spend their lifetime as a loner all depressed. May be God wanted his Child to feel that all she needs is HIS love and in HIS time he will give her a family that she had been longing for. May be till then she has to wait patiently on him and be persistent in hoping on HIS LOVE.
“Lord, I thank you for this journey that you have enabled your daughter to take. For you have always blessed me with the finest of fruits and filled me with your glorious presence all through. Though for now it seems like I have not found my soul’s content, I choose to wait for this period of grief to pass by. Soon in your appointed time I will see sunshine and there will me no more tear. Fill thy daughter with thy love, wisdom and grace for that is all that I will ever need. You are all that I need, God”

My post would not be complete if I did not mention about my friend whose silent presence filled my everyday with contentment. If it were not for that green dot on gchat, I don’t think I would have the ever initiated this optimistic perspective that I now have towards life.

1 comment:

Nebeula said...

hey beu, thts a lovely write-up, whch makes the reader see thgs from yr eyes. beautiful! keep writing! btw, Sarah and Ruth had 1 kid each i guess ;) Also, when we have surrendered our lives to Him, HIS purpose and HIS will fulfils in our life at HIS own time. So keep rejoicing( tiz important), he makes all things beautiful.