Monday, March 17, 2008

A mail that revived the ME in me

Following mail was received from someone who has been buddy since high school. Was received in one of inferior weak moments where I felt embarrassed to speak out my thoughts. Here it is, saved without any editing or deletions,

Beulah:
Confidence, the lack of it! that’s what you and I face while talking to people. When we are confident whatever we do becomes a second nature. Well, the question here is how to get confidence? This can be answered (at least from my perspective) from outside in; by answering the question when or how I don’t have confidence. Invariably, the answer is when i fear something or fear embarrassment - the fear of what people are thinking about me? The moment i forget what people are thinking about me, my concentration is fully devoted to what I am doing or saying to people around me.

So logically; removing the thought of what people are thinking about me, to free up my mind to concentrate on what I am doing would yield better result. Yeah....this cannot be done overnight. it needs practice.

For some people it works differently. Some people are more confident when they know that people around them know very little compared to them. In that case, try to assume people around you are stupid (audience are naked!!!! he eh eh he he!!).

I am not a pro, but in the same learning boat as you are! So lets work together on this confidence building and make people run around naked!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderfull message...