Thursday, February 21, 2008

Morality Of Prayers


A recent conversation with a friend sparked my thought process about the virtue of our prayers. Foremost focus of modern day prayers bases itself on personal and best interests of ourselves. May it be expressing our fears, Supplicating for our loved ones or wanting God to Grant our desires or wishes? Again, Asking God to Grant our Desires and wishes.
In the past I’ve made several repeated requests to the All-knowing, all powerful immortal God to help me join in marital commitment with my then loved one. I sought God at his Alter almost everyday of a specified year only for my supplication to be turned down. “Some of God’s greatest Gifts are unanswered prayers” and all thanks to God for turning me down.

But, how could I ever make the all powerful, all knowing, immortal God to help me in my romance? If the prayer worked, is it not a form of a spell or black magic that was cast over another being? When there are real time needs or social injustice, discrimination, hunger and wars, how could my prayers be self centered always whirling about me and my world? I can never be humiliated any worse!

Commenting on romance I choose to quote from Mr. Choelo’s blog “ if two souls truly long and are meant to be together the entire universe will conspire to get you what you want, beyond all doubt- and as i believe, the creator of the universe and all its virtues is God” . Can’t wait to read to read Brida ;)

2 comments:

Nebeula said...

I guess waiting time is for us to learn somethg. As you said, when we start praying for others, and others need, the peace that God gives us fills us and we arent anxious.

Ecc 3:11. He makes all things beautiful in its time.

Kingsly said...

Can i comment?
Well i see the nodd of your head!!

Waiting time was the most precious time in my life.
Thats where i learnt more abt God.
Waiting is not wasting!!
Wait till His time
His Thoughts and Plans are much higher than ours.
:-)